Unanswered: Best Way To Approach Editing a Form/Report

I need a way for a user to be able edit selected forms and reports.

How should I go about doing this? Open the form in complete edit mode? This would of course give them the ability to screw up the code ! So what then?

Thanks,

Provided Answers: 2
    Why on earth would you let users edit forms and report? That's a sure-fire way to break it everything!
    You should be able to get around this need by designing several versions of the objects, and calling whichever is required at the time.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Provided Answers: 59
    if you must go down that path, then provide a separate copy of the front end to each user, then anything they screw up only affects them. but its a sure fire recipie for chaos and anarchy. if you like crappy design ideas then by all means do it.

you should be able to achieve most of what users want with a search parameter form which sets the required filters before opening reports.
    allowing users to create their own reports is begging for trouble and sleepless nights. another approach would be to dump the data in a read only DB and allow users to do whatever the heck they like with their own copy of the data.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Example;

Suppose a company buys a database and needs to input their information,logo and so forth onto their reports and maybe forms which is completely normal.

Then there is the need for them to be able to edit/insert or whatever info into the form/report.

This is what I am talking about.

Provided Answers: 2
    Er, no.

You create a suite of tables to hold that information, and then reference those tables in the forms and reports. That removes the need for the end users to play around with the design.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Thanks, I will give that some thought and see if I can implement it.