, Additional Job Information:
Title: Oracle DBA
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Contract
Location: Bethesda (MD)
Please fill the following details to proceed with your profile submittal to the client.
Mobile & Home No:
Available time for Interview:
Total Years of IT Experience:
ABOUT PROJECT: Data warehouse development and maintenance.
As a member of the team we are looking for a highly motivated and well-rounded Oracle DBA with a strong development background to provide full life cycle support. The project is an enterprise-wide web application that brings administrative and financial data to the user community.
Perform complex database administration tasks, including but not limited to:
- Complex Database Recovery
- Provide Problem resolution and Document solution
- Root Cause analysis of RDBMS issues
- Complex Problem Determination (RDBMS vendor interface)
- Advanced system analysis
- Resource / Capacity planning for customers
- Release / Feature recommendation for customers
- T&M estimates
- Advanced customer mentoring
- Documentation of tasks for assignment to appropriate work groups
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Technology required (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with ORACLE database systems on UNIX required.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have experience in Oracle 10g database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/SQL programming, backup & recovery, monitoring, and database and query tuning.
- Candidates with 9i or 10g OCP are highly preferred.
- Oracle 11g experience preferred.
- RMAN and Data Guard experience in Oracle 10g or higher are ideal.