Simple database design question

Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums, and fairly new to the world of databases. I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction in the design of my simple database for a device inventory.

I'm currently in an internship, which has a primarily network/system administration focus. My supervisor currently keeps track of the computer inventory in an access database that isn't very normalized, so I'd like to restructure his database for him. Currently he is only tracking computers and phones, but I'd like to update the database to track devices such as printers, monitors, etc...

Currently I have seven tables:

DevicePrimay
    DeviceID (pk)
    DeviceName
    DateRegistered
    PrimaryUserID (fk)
    DeviceTypeID (fk)
    Description
    Retired
    DeviceLocationID (fk)

DeviceProperty
    DevicePropertyID (pk)
    DeviceProperty

DevicePrimary_Property
    DeviceID (pk/fk)
    DevicePropertyID (pk/fk)
    Details

PrimaryUser
    PrimaryUserID (pk)
    FirstName
    MiddleNAme
    LastName
    DomainID
    Other

DomainID
    DomainID (pk)
    Domain

DeviceLocation
    DeviceLocationID (pk)
    DeviceLocation

DeviceType
    DeviceTypeID
    DeviceType

The idea is that DeviceProperty will hold attributes such as harddrive type, storage, memory, processor, operating system, etc...

DevicePrimary_Property will uniquely identify the device with a property, and then Details will store the specifications for the particular device, such as 500g for a harddrive.

My main question is, is this a good design for keeping track of an inventory with devices that have multiple components? I'd like him to be able to add new devicetypes and properties, without having to build additional tables.

I attached my visio design, I'm not sure if that's the best way to present my design to everyone.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your patience with such a n00b question.

update

I decided to create tables to hold properties such as operating system, processor, manufacturer, etc, in order to reduce redundancy. However I can't decide the best way to store information such as harddisk storage and ram since this can vary so greatly from system to system. Should I include a table for, say, hard drives and include storage within that table, or have another table for storage in order to reduce redundancy?
    Last edited by havachip; 10-25-12 at 15:37.