Unanswered: Comparing two sets of data

Hi,

I made a database to compare two sets of data. The data is generally compared via reference and the reference can be a combination of letters and numbers,

The problem is that output query is only picking up the combinations of letters and numbers, so if a reference is numbers only, it is not identified.

I tried to combat this by copying the reference and adding the letter 'a' to an additional column however the query still isnt picking it up.

Can anyone think of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Ian.

Provided Answers: 7
    Can we see what u have done so far ie the sql
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

It wasnt very good and in the pursuit of trying to fix it, i've made a mess of it so i've started again and attached it with test data.

I've got an imported table which is data that will need change as its the master list which I will be doing my reconciliation against.

I've also got a linked table which will be updated on a regular basis and the data may change.

I want the table to output two queries, one is to confirm how many cases in the test data are missing from the masterlist.

The other is to confirm how many cases in the test data are duplicated.

Can anyone check out my progress so far and help please?

Thanks,
    Ian.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've moved a step further and used the two default wizard queries for identifying duplicates and missing cases. This works however the tables are still showing errors for number only references.

Does anyone know how to get access to identify number only reference as well as mixed refs?

See the example attached.

Thanks,
    Ian.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've tested the above by just importing the tables instead of linking and randomly that works fine.

Does anyone a) know how to do it when linking tables or b) know how to get a command button to delete a table contents then ask which spreadsheet you would like to import?

THanks,
    Ian.