Unanswered: Microsoft Access 2003 has stopped working.

We are running an MS Access (32bit) app. The database is in a folder on the server running 2003 (32 bit) Server. Each workstation runs there own copy of the app (mde file) linked to the database on the server. We have recently updated some computers that are running Win 7 (64bit). Those PC's that are running Win 7 are having a problem that is not consistent. By not consistent, I mean, they can go a day or two with no problem then they will experience it 3 or 4 times in a row within minutes. When they open a form that has a memo field on it they will get an error message: "Microsoft access has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." Then it kicks them out of the software and they have to run it again. None of our Xp machines are having that problem. It appears to be a problem with Win 7. I have no clue where to go or what to try to resolve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 19
    Just to clarify, before we tries to help; this is a split-database, with each user having a copy of the Front End on their hard drives and the data containing Back End on the server?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Yes. Each client is running its own copy of the Front End and the data is on the server.

Provided Answers: 7
    What the backend SQL or msaccess
    How do the fe be link to each other is odbc

When was the last time u compacted/repair the fe and be
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

It is not linked ODBC. Linked using the Access link. The backend is an Access database and gets compacted/repaired everynight. The front end gets compacted/repaired probably weekly.

Provided Answers: 19
    I know this is going to sound paradoxical, or perhaps counter-intuitive, but doing a C & R is a well documented way of causing an Access app to become corrupted! Most experienced Access developers will tell you that there is no reason, in a properly designed Access database, to do a C & R every night! The 'Compact on Close' option is arguably one of the worst conceived ideas to ever come out of Redmond and should always be deseleted! When doing this procedure, a backup copy of the app should always be first, and safely stored, then used if the resultant app appears corrupt!

C & R's really should only be done if a problem arises!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Never had a problem until we ran Access 2003 from a Windows 7 64 bit machine. But I will reduce when the database on the server gets compacted.