Unanswered: DB2 LUW table status check and reset

Hi,

DB2 v9.7 on Linux.

I have a table that has gone into a restricted status. How do I check what status its in using which command and which tool is used to reset status generally?

I know in db2 z/OS we can use DIsplay command to check status and Repair utility to reset them. But not sure on LUW. COuldn't find much in the Command reference book.

Apprecicate any help.
    Regards,
    Amar

Provided Answers: 11
    what means restricted status ?
    sqlcode when selecting data from table ?
    according the sqlcode check how to reset ... in infocenter
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 2
    Florin Aparaschivei
    DB2 9.7, 10.5 on Windows
    Iasi, Romania

Thanks aflorin, that was helpful, at-least something to start with.

przytula, its a table that had some operation done with NOT LOGGED and then rolled back. I think that put it in some restricted status. I wanted to know if there is any command like we have display in db2 z/os.

The book says only thing possible in such case is to drop/recreate to get rid of that status. I am trying to find if its possible to avoid that.

Regards,
    Amar

Provided Answers: 1
    Every time you access the table, you will get an error telling you that its status is "unavailable". You can also use db2dart, but it'll tell you the same thing. The only action on a table that was not logged when the transaction changing it rolled back is to drop it. This is clearly stated in the manual.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.