Job Title: Sr. Oracle DBA
Duration: 6, months
Location: Cincinnati , Ohio
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Description: This person will be primarily working during Pacific Time work-hours.
Overview of the required scope of work
Stated below is the typical nature of activities expected to be performed by the Consultant’s resource. The list below is indicative of high level day to day support activities required to be performed
Oracle e-Business Suite Applications & Oracle Database Administrator:
1. Database and RAC Administration
2. ERP Administration
3. Performance Tuning
4. Backup/Cloning Activities
5. Issue Resolution
6. Root Cause Analysis
7. Helpdesk Ticket monitoring.
8. Change management.
9. Attend meetings as needed
Specific Scope details
1. On an average 3 refreshes a week of Databases which may include App Clone or Pure DB refresh including using export/import of a schema for identified environments.
2. New DB/ Application Instance creation as part of Support activities e.g. New Dev database for existing production Environment;
3. DB Migrations based on new data center initiatives and environment specific growth needs.
4. Documentation for every process and tasks.
5. Backup Monitoring and Implementation needs using RMAN
6. OEM - Proactive Monitoring DB issues.
7. 24/7 support ? We expect the Operation DBA to be part of the existing Shift roster and provide On-call support.
8. Regular DBA alert monitoring and resolution.
9. Ability to manage and administer oracle ERP WF Mailer / Notification
10. Deploying Production Releases / Change Control which may need DBA tasks and support.
11. Handle Requests For User Management for both Database accounts and/or ERP.
12. Work on SOX initiatives to meet the DBA Team’s directives and mandates.
13. Build DBA Dashboards ? Performance / Helpdesk Support / Instance Availability/ Capacity needs / Concurrent Manager / other relevant database metrics.
14. Optimization of various Non-Oracle ERP Databases.
15. Regular Report out of the performance and monitoring of the databases.
16. Operational Support of new modules/technology post Go-Live
17. Applying Database Patches / security patches
18. Perform Database upgrades
19. Define and follow SOP where applicable
20. Support Documentation
21. Database platform migration ( Sun to Linux etc)
22. Convert Single DB to RAC cluster.
If you are comfortable with the required skills, please send me your updated resume and let me know your convenient time so that we can discuss about the position in detail.