Unanswered: Getting actual execution time of MDX query

Hi,
    I want to know how can I get the execution time in millisecond of an MDX query in SSAS?

For sql we can get it by:
    Code:
     set statistics time on
    --query----
    set statistics time off.
    But I am not getting anything for MDX.
    Can you please help me?
    Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 54
    The easy answer would be to use SSMS (SQL Server Managment Studio) to run the SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) MDX query, then extract the runtime from the Properties pannel.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    The easy answer would be to use SSMS (SQL Server Managment Studio) to run the SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) MDX query, then extract the runtime from the Properties pannel.

-PatP
    I use SSMS to run my MDX query. But in the status bur it shows the execution time in second but not in millisecond. Which property window you are talking about??

Provided Answers: 11
    SQL Server Profiler can be used to trace MDX queries. I am not certain how it shows duration, but I would suspect it is in miliseconds.

Provided Answers: 54
    The status bar at the bottom of the query window only shows run time down to seconds as the smallest unit of precision.

Right click on the query window, towards the bottom of the pop-up menu will be a Properties menu-item. The Properties menu-item opens a properties window for your query window that includes query times with millisecond precision.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    The status bar at the bottom of the query window only shows run time down to seconds as the smallest unit of precision.

Right click on the query window, towards the bottom of the pop-up menu will be a Properties menu-item. The Properties menu-item opens a properties window for your query window that includes query times with millisecond precision.

-PatP
    It does not show anything about duration for MDX. But it shows elapse time in case of SQL.
    Thank you to both of you for your response and help.
    I have done it by SQL profiler. This is an excellent way :-).

I am modifying my question because still I have not got what I required.

The question is given below:
    How can I get the actual execution time or actual duration taken by an MDX query to run? I am not interested for time for compiling, parsing, rendering results etc. I am only interested for the execution time.

In sql profiler, I get two columns one is duration and another one is CPU time. More over it shows in both two rows. One for "query subcube" and one for "query end" event class. Can you please explain how can I get the desired run time?