recover Licensing details

Hi we have an RND server with IDS 7.3 and administration has lost licensing details. I am trying to setup a new machine since the old machine is falling apart. Can some one tell me how to recover the old licensing details

Thanks and Regards

if you wants to setup server with same IDS version you can copy $INFORMIXDIR file and the past to new server INFORMIXDIR location in that case be sure to change the informix configuration file on the new server before starting server

Hi pushpait thank you for the reply, I am new to this IDS, I used to do this copy thing for the standard engin, so I can perform this for IDS too

Thanks and Regards

yes you can do it IDS toooo , what is the ids version that you are using and what is the os and version you are using

Probably time to upgrade to 11.70. If you encounter a bug ( which can happen even after so many years) , you are totally by yourself.

If you are in 7.31, the migration path is direct to 11.70.

Hi Guys sorry for taking me long to thank you guys

Best Regards

i guess if you may like to be recovering from the same factor you should probably copy the file and paste it to the new server informix driver location before starting the server.

marketing solutions
    Last edited by Steffanblue; 09-02-13 at 00:35.