Thread: Drda

Unanswered: Drda

I am trying to record some traffic while using the drda protocol.
    However, i am not familiar with the different applications that uses this protocol.
    My request is an application name and server where i can use this protocol and record its session traffic.

Provided Answers: 11
    could you specify more info on this question - it is not very clear..
    also the platform and level..
    have you looked at infocenter and snapshot
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

I will try to be a little bit more clear about my question.
    All i am trying to do is capture some traffic of the drda protocol.
    I'm interested in the way that this protocol works.
    In order to explore this protocol i would like to set up an environment composed of a server and client.
    I have already downloaded the DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows trial version and what i am looking now is a client application that i can use do connect to the server and capture this traffic.
    I am working on a Win7 64-bit.
    Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    It might be easier to read the protocol definition for humans at than capture and decipher raw data. However, if you want to go the hard way, DB2 JCC driver implements DRDA, so any Java client capable of using the Type 4 driver should suit your needs.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.