Unanswered: Number of connections running out...

Hello,

I have an issue with the number of connections running out on a Spring Hibernate integration tests suite.

It happens only while running against an Oracle 10g XE server while it works just fine against the MySql 5 server.

I posted on the Spring forum thinking it was related to Spring or Hibernate.

Number of connections running out...

But maybe some of you have experienced this also...

Thanks for any tip.

Provided Answers: 11
    User connections is determined by an init parameter in the pfile (initSID.ora). Here is some of the documentations around it:

Specifying Initialization Parameters

Look for the section called "Specifying the Maximum Number of Processes". The number of Processes determines the number of connections you can have.

I ran this command:

ALTER SYSTEM SET PROCESSES=150 SCOPE=SPFILE;

to increase the number of processes allowed, but still got the same exception and error message from Oracle.

I had to restart the Oracle server for the number of processes update to take effect.

After the restart, I could see the number of processes being updated to their new value, with the command:

select * from gv$resource_limit;

And it looks like it solved the issue as the exception and Oracle error message no longer show up.

Thanks !

SCOPE=SPFILE - Only take effect at startup
    SCOPE=MEMORY - Take effect immediatly but do not save for restart
    SCOPE=BOTH - Modify the running database and the SPFILE for restart.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.