Unanswered: How do I query a table using a combo box in my form
I am new to dbforums and know that I am asking help for something that has probably already been addressed before. I am posting this because the post I have reviewed so far has either not worked, lacked in some detail as how to perform what was suggested, etc...
I am new to Access as well and last week finally wrote my first Access Report for a real business function. It is able to generate a report from my table using a query containing the criteria from a form. I would like to be able to do the same but only using a combo box. This is my approach at this time:
• One for which I want my query to be from - FeatureTypeAttributes
• The second to populate the list of possible values in the combo box dropdown – FeatureTypeNmaes
Form contains a combo box that queries a table for values in the dropdown – Form1
• The query is designed to look for values in four separate fields - FeatureTypeAttributes
• The criteria on the first field tells it to look at the form - [Forms]![Form1]![AttributeName]
• The report is designed to display the values in the four fields in my query - FeatureAttributes
• It is triggered by a macro
• Open the report and is triggered by pressing the enter key after an update to the form - RunReport
I am unable the get the combo box to populate the query! Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?