Unanswered: to modify the autoresize script

Hi all,

I am having a dbouts in modifiying the autoresize script.

The script we are using now is giving the alert message for every tablespaces.

I have to enable the tablespace which are not the autoresize enabled and it has to give the alert message if the tablespace is exceeded.

Provided Answers: 11
    "I have to enable the tablespace....."
    just modify your script and have the expected result...
    as you don't specify any detail/code/platform.... how can we see what you are doing ??
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi all,

I have to enable the tablespace which are not the autoresize enabled and it has to give the alert message if the tablespace is exceeded.

It's Urgent.. Can some please help me out
    Last edited by nantha; 11-19-12 at 06:22. Reason: i have to give the apporiate details.

Hi all,

It is in unix shell scripting..

This is an example.
    The following Tablespaces utilization is more, Take necessary action

TABLESPACE UTILIZATION
    ---------- ----------
    BLOB_TBL_DATA 91
    SYSCATSPACE 84

these two tablespace are in autoresize enabled..

It's Urgent.. Can some please help me out

in a forum - nothing is urgent
    if urgent : hire a qualified DB2 dba....
    at least publish the script or part of the script that is related to db2....
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

db2 "select substr(tablespace_name,1,20) as Tablespace, sum(used_pages*page_size/(1024*1024)) as Used_MB,sum(high_water_mark*page_size/(1024*1024)) as High_Water_Mark_MB,sum(total_pages*page_size/(1024*1024)) as Total_MB,(sum(used_pages*page_size/(1024*1024))*100)/(sum(total_pages*page_size/(1024*1024))) as Percent_Used from table(snapshot_tbs_cfg('${DBNAME}',-2)) as tbspace where tablespace_type = 0 group by tablespace_name having (sum(used_pages*page_size/(1024*1024))*100)/(sum(total_pages*page_size/(1024*1024))) >= 0 and sum(total_pages*page_size/(1024*1024)) <> 0"

This script will display all the tables which autoresize enabled and disabled.

I need the script which need to display the tables which are all not autoresized

db2 "select TBSP_NAME,TBSP_ID ,TBSP_TOTAL_SIZE_KB ,TBSP_USED_SIZE_KB ,TBSP_FREE_SIZE_KB from SYSIBMADM.TBsP_UTILIZATION WHERE TBSP_AUTO_RESIZE_ENABLED =1" |more

this is the script i have tried and i need to calculate the pagesize the script which i have mentioned above..

you can join the tables with tablespace id