I am very new at this who VBA language. For that reason i have become best freinds with the recorder. Below is the Excel formula which works perfectly when pasted into cell.

=IF(OR(R3="On Hold",R3="Expired")*AND(OR(J3="Approved",J3="No DM Req")),"3 DM Approved",IF(OR(J3="Approved",J3="No DM Req",J3="New License Order")*AND(P3="Approved")*AND(R3="Executable Released"),"1 Executable Released",IF(OR(J3="Approved",J3="No DM Req",J3="New License Order")*AND(NOT(R3="Executable Released"))*AND(ISBLANK(N3)=FALSE),"2 DM Approved & DB Needs Approval",IF(OR(J3="Approved",J3="No DM Req")*AND(NOT(R3="Executable Released"))*AND(ISBLANK(N3)=TRUE),"3 DM Approved",IF(OR(J3="Rejected",J3="With Sales",J3="With WW Bus Ops",J3="With VP of Finance"),"4 DM Needs Approval",IF(OR(J3="New License Order",ISTEXT(J3)=FALSE),"5 Non Workflow","try again"))))))

Here is the VBA translation which returns an error.

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=IF(OR(RC[-10]=""On Hold"",RC[-10]=""Expired"")*AND(OR(RC[-18]=""Approved"",RC[-18]=""No DM Req"")),""3 DM Approved"",IF(OR(RC[-18]=""Approved"",RC[-18]=""No DM Req"",RC[-18]=""New License Order"")*AND(RC[-12]=""Approved"")*AND(RC[-10]=""Executable Released""),""1 Executable Released"",IF(OR(RC[-18]=""Approved"",RC[-18]=""No DM Req"",RC[-18]=""New License Order"")*A"& _
"C[-10]=""Executable Released""))*AND(ISBLANK(RC[-14])=FALSE),""2 DM Approved & DB Needs Approval"",IF(OR(RC[-18]=""Approved"",RC[-18]=""No DM Req"")*AND(NOT(RC[-10]=""Executable Released""))*AND(ISBLANK(RC[-14])=TRUE),""3 DM Approved"",IF(OR(RC[-18]=""Rejected"",RC[-18]=""With Sales"",RC[-18]=""With WW Bus Ops"",RC[-18]=""With VP of Finance""),""4 DM Needs Approval""& _
"C[-18]=""New License Order"",ISTEXT(RC[-18])=FALSE),""5 Non Workflow"",""try again""))))))"
Range("AB4").Select

I know its complicated. I hope its something really simple. First post hopefully someone can help.

Thanks,

PattyColbs