Unanswered: Data Studio - where info about remote databases is stored?

Our mainframe DBA can use Data Studio to access DB2 on zOS. Data Studio is installed on their laptops (Linux). They're telling me that DB2 doesn't come with Data Studio and so there is no DB2 instance. I think the node and system db directory still need to exist somewhere? Do you know where this information is stored in Data Studio?

On DB2 server, the node and system db directory are stored in .../sqllib.

Provided Answers: 1
    IBM Data Studio (IDS) can read the catalog information, if it exists, then stores this information, along with whatever connection descriptors you create within IDS, in one of its configuration files. As IDS is Java-based, it does not _need_ the node or database directories.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Is it true that IDS is all GUI-based and doesn't have any command line interface?

Depends on your definition of command line interface. You can open a SQL editor and execute statements; is that command line interface?

Do you need another command line interface in addition to the CLP and CLPPlus?
    ---

Are you saying CLP comes with Data Studio? Can I issue "connect to <db name>" statement?

No, CLP comes with the IBM Data Server Client package and the Runtime package.

IDS is a separate product. And no, it does not understand CLP commands, only SQL (whatever you can execute via JDBC). It is supposed to let you run OS commands on the server via ssh, but I haven't tried it.
    ---