· Research, test and coordinate Oracle patches and upgrades
· Interface with Oracle technical support to resolve database specific issues
· Assist production support with administration of enterprise storage appliance as it pertains to Oracle installation and operation
· Applies patches and modifies configuration as necessary to remain compliant with security requirements. Monitors database performance. Confirms project requirements by studying user requirements, conferring with others on project team.
· Ten (10) years’ experience with Oracle RDBMS and related Oracle tools.
· Must know Oracle Advanced Replication (Active-Passive and Active-Active) -- Preferably Golden Gate
· Strong SQL writing skills and data analysis.
· Experience with PLSQL procedures and triggers, creating database links, creating schema accounts, views, tables, primary and foreign keys and sequences.
· Knowledge / experience with XML and Oracle XDB.
· Knowledge / experience with RMan backup procedures.
· Experience with Oracle11g installations and configurations required
· UNIX experience required - preferred candidate who uses UNIX over Windows.
· Familiarity with Bourne Shell, C Shell, and/or Perl is required.
· Tuning experience is a plus.
· Familiarity with web services is a plus.
· Experience leading and managing small technical projects.
· Experience with high transaction volume OLTP instances
· "Performance tuning guru" with the ability to manage multiple technologies simultaneously in order to understand the state of the production databases. This includes: running explain plans to diagnose queries, determining the appropriate use of a specific COST tool to diagnose problematic queries, clear development and execution of solution recommendations
· Possess the ability to take charge of this responsibility, be assertive in your recommendations and be able to implement solutions
· Ability to work and contribute in a fast paced yet friendly team environment with little or no supervision
· Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
· Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science / MIS field or equivalent experience
· 8-10 years' experience in database administration with 5-7 years direct experience in Oracle required
· Experience with Oracle 11g required, directly applicable certifications a plus
· Prior job experience with terabyte size partitioned databases
ALL POSITIONS WITH VECTOR CONSULTING REQUIRE A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK.