Hi

I currently use about 14 different workbooks which I use to assist me in running my business. Several of these books re-iterate the same information, but it is not linked so if I want to know something that's contained in one workbook, rather than just using some reporting function of a database I use Find and Search All Sheets and manually extract the information I need into whatever layout I want it in, which is very time consuming!

About a year ago I found getafreelancer and have wanted to post the task of designing a database on there ever since, and today have done a bit more research and found there's also guru.com and odesk and others where I could post a project.

But before I get to that point, I need a detailed specification, and this is where I need some assistance - I can describe what function the worksheets I already have serve and what data they contain, and I've written a sort of "wishlist" of what I'd like to be able to do, but I think I need some help from someone whose built databases before to write a proper specification, so that when I put the job out to tender the end product little is left to the programmer's interpretation of what they think I wanted - they can just build what I do want, instead!

How do I find this sort of assistance, is there a name for it, and what sort of information will I need to provide for that person to know if they're the person I'm looking for?

Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated!