Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18

    Unanswered: Property Procedure All Caps

    I have a VBA custom class module with several methods and property procedures. I have one property named CUSTOMER. I wanted it to be Customer, but for some reason it changes back to CUSTOMER whenever I try to change it. This only happens with this one particular property. Any ideas? Thanks.

    Daniel

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    out on a limb
    Posts
    13,692
    Provided Answers: 59
    check format / input masks in the relevant control(s)
    check for any code working behind the form, specifically code using the UCASE function
    check for format rules inside the table
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18
    I would suspect what you have suggested if I were concerned about the property value. This is an issue with the actual name of the property in the VBA code. I am not having trouble with the data itself. The problem is with the actual code. The VBA IDE keeps changing the case of .Customer.

    In any case I did a search for ucase and I use it in several places; however, it doesn't have anything to do with this property procedure.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    995
    Provided Answers: 2
    Looks like the property was named in upper case. You will need to amend the name within the class module.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    out on a limb
    Posts
    13,692
    Provided Answers: 59
    the IDE will pick up the spelling (includiing capitalisation) from the first/previous use.

    check the code module you are using to see if there is a variable called CUSTOMER
    check the form/report to see if there is a control called CUSTOMER

    do you use Option Explicit in form of all code modules


    but if the code is working does it actually matter
    the fact you have CUSTOMER as a property as opposed to Customer is less relevant providing the code is working. I suspect you have a mismatch somewhere.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18
    Yes, this is really just an annoyance. I had tried fixing the name by changing the property definition but it would get reset. It's weird. Maybe I just need to let it go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •