var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Systems Administrator in Jackson MS
Job Position: Systems Administrator
Location: 2500 North State Street Jackson, MS
Duration: 6+ Months (Candidate may be hired as a permanent employee after 60 calendar days)
Client: University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC)
Position ID: 12-4-12
· Candidate to provide outstanding customer service skills and be composed while providing support in challenging situation.
· Candidate must be flexible and may be ‘on-call’ regularly during non-business hours.
· Candidate must meet a high level of professionalism, communication, and sensitivity to unique Medical Center and research support requirements.
· Experience in the direct administration of IBM hardware, virtualization, high availability and software for monitoring, backup and configuration management.
· Verifiable advancement on an IBM or Linux Certification path.
· A minimum of 2 years working in a Linux Server environment. Preferred Red Hat Enterprise Server.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in the configuration, administration and troubleshooting of both Enterprise Unix and Linux operating systems.
· Exhibit knowledge and deep skill in the use of scripting to perform various maintenance tasks.
· Understanding of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Apple 0S-X platforms.
· Understanding of Unix/Linux computer and user authentication as well as troubleshooting performance issues for both server and workstations.