DB2 LUW Monitoring tool

DB2 LUW 9.7 on linux

Hi,

Does any one know how to monitor a particular id and capture all queries run by it and perhaps also statistics such as elapse, cpu and other time for each of them?

Omegamon on DB2 z/OS can do a lot of those things but not sure whats to use in LUW DB2.

I have tried db2top and snapshot, but nothing gives a complete solution. I have tried running snapshot inside a shell script that runs the same command over and over with a 1 sec delay and writes to an output file. But still I will miss something if it ran during that delay probably. Besides multiple runs of snapshot gives a lot of duplicate data.

So if anyone uses anything to capture queries from ids, please share, I would appreciate much.

Regards,
    Amar

Optim Performance Manager can do that.

If you want to roll your own, you can do this, as an example:

Create a workload for that user ID. Work identification by origin with workloads - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Create an event monitor for statements. Creating an event monitor - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Filter output by workload.

You can also assign a condition (AUTH_ID) to the event monitor and skip the workload part if that works for you.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.