Unanswered: One Realtionship only

Please could someone help me with my Relationships!!!

I think there is something wrong with the Relationship between tblFinance (where all the money transactions in and out are recorded) and tblContract????

Currently the tbl.Contract.ContractID (PK) is a one-to-many relationship with tblFinance.ContractID (FK)
    A Contract can have more than one FinanceID (so this seems to be OK)?

But I also think that instead, maybe I should be creating a FinanceID (FK) in tblContract.
    Then should I link tbl.Finance.FinanceID (PK) as a one-to-many relationship with tblContract.FinanceID (FK).

Or are both options the same thing?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

Provided Answers: 14
    When you want to create a many-to-many relationship between two tables (tblContract and tblFinance in this case), you use a junction table (or bridge table):
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE Tbl_TblFinance_x_TblContract
    (
        PK_TblFinance LONG, 
        PK_TblContract LONG, 
        CONSTRAINT FK_TblFinance FOREIGN KEY (PK_TblFinance) REFERENCES TblFinance, 
        CONSTRAINT FK_TblContract FOREIGN KEY (PK_TblContract) REFERENCES TblContract, 
        CONSTRAINT PK_Tbl_TblFinance_x_TblContract PRIMARY KEY (PK_TblFinance, PK_TblContract)
    );
    Have a nice day!

Thanks very much for your reply, Sinndho.

And thanks for the coding, which I know would have taken me weeks or months to compile. I do not know about many-to-many relationships and so now is my chance?

However, after thinking about this again, I think each unique FinanceID (which may be payment of electric bill, maintenance work etc) would only relate to only one ContractID? So I guess this is a one-to-many relationship.

So, is it best to add a FinanceID FK to the Contract Table?

But if I add a "FinanceID foreign key" to the Contract Table, then this "field" in the Contract Table will just remain empty - it will never be populated. I wondered if this was OK and if it is normal? Is the only reason for doing this, so that a relationship can be created between the two tables?
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?