Thread: access 2003

Unanswered: access 2003

Hi I am new to working with access and I am trying to auto generate dates in a table, I can generate today’s date, using Date(), but would like to be able to auto generate dates for future dates as at the moment we have to enter them manually.

thanks in advance

Derek

Provided Answers: 19
    You can use DateAdd() Function to generate future dates based on another date, whether the other date is literal or itself generated by Date().

Have a look at DateAdd Function in Access Help and you should be on your way!

FYI, by entering a negative value in the function's second parameter (Number), you can also generate dates in the past!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for the speedy reply just tried what you suggested but it is not working, I am trying to update an existing database to generate the dates and it has always been entered manually,not sure if that makes a dif, I have a basic understanding but am not sure if what I am trying to do is poss

thanks Derek

is there a way i can attach a copy of the table so yuou might be able to see what i am trying to do ??

Derek