DB2 64 bit installation Issue

Hello,

I would appreciate if some one help me with this installation issue that I am stuck with.

I have 64bit laptop and installed 64bit DB2 V 9.7.0441. There was an installation issue and I tried to uninstall. The uninstall of DB2 Enterprise Server edition is not getting removed from Control Panel. When I try to install a 32 bit version it detects 64bit and does not allow me to install. I can't cleanly uninstall the 64bit version either. How can get my PC to clean all DB2 reference and start from fresh please?

Thank you
    Moorthy

Maybe you should Google for something like www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21104569
    I've Also had similar issues a couple at years ago and had to remove all references from the Registry manually. It's an annoying job, but I think that is the only way.

Thank you for the reply. I tried to follow steps what is in IBM Uninstalling DB2 - United States .

Forcing uninstall using msiexec is not working for me.
    I could not find the registry keys that the Manual Uninstalltion says in this page to manually delete it. I am bit reluctant to guess and remove registry keys. Is there any other way to get out this mess please? Very surprised that DB2 has no clean unistall utility.

Thank you
    Moorthy

I only had the issue you describe once and was able to remove the keys in the registry but I understand that it's a tricky business and a way you would not prefer to do taking into account the possible negative effects it can cause when you remove the wrong keys. I am sorry to say I dont know any other way. You could consider raising a PMR at IBM or try contacting someone at IBM who is able to help you further.
    Maybe someone else on the forum has dealt with the same issue an did not take the effort yet to respond. Maybe that person can stand up know and help you out; I hope so

Thank you and appreciate your quick reply. I will keep an eye out for anyone had the issue

I tried to remove the Registry keys and moving on bit further. When I try to install again and clicking Install New I am getting this error "Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer SDK for detailed command line help."

I have manually removed the SQLLIB directory under C:\Program Files\IBM. But I have C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\SQLLIB and cannot manually remove as it says there are other process using it. I am not aware of any.
    Also under Uninstall or change a Program of Windows7 control panel I have two instances of DB2 ENTERPROSE SERVER EDITION that I cannot uninstall.
    Does anybody know what is going on on my machine please?

Thank you