Strange mysql query problem

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with a strange mysql problem I am having.

I am seeing strange query behavior from one of my mysql servers. I ran the following two queries on three different servers all with the same data.

Code:
    SELECT t1.Field1, t1.Field2, t1.Field3, 
    (SELECT t2.Field1
      FROM thetable AS t2
      WHERE Field2=t1.Field2 AND Field3=t1.Field3 AND t2.Field1>t1.Field1
      ORDER BY Field1
      LIMIT 1) AS MinimumResult
    FROM thetable AS t1
    WHERE t1.UserID=5;

SELECT t1.Field1, t1.Field2, t1.Field3, 
    (SELECT min(t2.Field1)
      FROM thetable AS t2
      WHERE Field2=t1.Field2 AND Field3=t1.Field3 AND t2.Field1>t1.Field1) AS MinimumResult
    FROM thetable AS t1
    WHERE t1.UserID=5;
    On two of the three servers both queries return the same result. On the third, I get two different results for the MinimumResult field. The first query, returns a small number. The second query returns what I would expect and what both queries return on the other servers.

I am not sure how to respond to this? Is this a server config problem or expected behavior?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

If you are 100% convinced your data is identical then have a look at the COLLATION used on each of the tables. Run a SHOW CREATE TABLE on each of the servers for the same table. I suspect that one server has a different COLLATION which will sort your data differently, hence, your different result.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com