Unanswered: "Table" looking reports

Hi guys,

I'm the new one here and would like to know your opinion on what do you think might be the best way to build the table report in Access 2010 such as the one below?

Many thanks,

Michal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swing.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	13885

Provided Answers: 59
    ?
    providing you can marshall your data using whatever queries you need to then you can generate a report in whatever style you wish.

So the first step is to develop the query that assembles the data as required. seeing as you haven't given any details of how your data is stored you are on your own on that one

it may well need to be a pivot query of some type

for now I'd forget about the percentage bit (thats relatively easy to add retrospectively... concentrate on getting the query organised first
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you for your reply healdem. You can imagine the data simply as for every date and every SSB code we have the Fund Name and into which category (only one category possible) it belongs. Let's say the structure is the part of the question. I have built the pivot query, but I'm not sure how to "transform" it into this (nicely) looking report (I'm relatively new in Access).

Thanks again!

Provided Answers: 59
    an access report simply regurgitates the data as presented in the query
    so if the query looks close enough to what you want use that query as the feed to the report. if it isn't then you will need to do some refining on the query, again in the absence of details of the data design can't help with that

the main problem I can see is if the number of months displayed varies. that can be a pig.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks a lot healdem! Finally I did it using few times the crosstab queries. Concerning the changing number of months I guess this might be done by creating the query with the specified months and then applying the same crosstab strategy. The only problem will be with the formatting. I might ask then again..

Thanks again!