Unanswered: Help Migrating from Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL

Hi, I'm trying to migrate a DB from SQL Server to MySql.
    I have the mdf and ldf files, but after two days struggling, I still haven't been able to run a SQL Server in my computer.

I'm a bit desperate right now, so if somebody could provide me the sql script to import the DB from a phpMyAdmin, that would be great.

Sorry to ask so directly. If some is interested, I've attached the files.

Thanks in advance.

I believe i'm missing something. . .

If you want to move a database from SQL Server to MySql, why are you having trouble with running "a SQL Server in my computer"?

Do you have MySql up and running?

Provided Answers: 54
    Good luck trying to attach those files.

I took them to a "safe VM" and tried to extract the data for you, and the files in your archive appear to be "booby-trapped" to damage the SQL Server/computer that tries to install them. No harm was done since the VM was disposable, but I wouldn't recommend trying to do anything with them.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 1
    I "unapproved" the attachments, considering they may contain malicious code.
    They should just be removed from the forum.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Provided Answers: 54
    Good call, I should have unapproved those files myself. I wouldn't delete them since I could have made a mistake and someone might want to tackle making them safe to use, but you made the right choice by making them require admin intervention so that no one gets hurt by accident.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.