Unanswered: Vmware+DB2+"disk resized"+"Disk was full"

This is my story:
    DB2 for Luw, 9.7.03, FP 3a on RHel x86_64, Workgroup Edition.

Machine is virtual machine under VMWare. Automatic storage is enabled.

Few days ago, we incresed /data disk (disk with data tablespaces) from 10 GB to 30 GB, beacuse there was 9 GB of data. Autoincrease for tablespaces is on. Database or operating system was not restarted.
    Today, whan /data was reached 10 GB, DB2 said "disk was full", but there is 20 more GB for DB2.

So, my question is: is it possible that DB2 remembered only 10 GB is available? I checked sysibmadm.dbpaths and pd-no one display "available disk" or sth similar.
    Or, I need to restart OS to take effect (restart of DB2 isn't help)?

Thanks a lot!

Zvonimir

Please provide the output from:
    db2pd -d <db name> -tab
    df -h

I have gotten the same error on Vmware in the past. It is really a strange one, you look at the file system and it is 40% used, but then you get out of space errors. In my case it turned out that things were set up incorrectly on the VMware and storage side. From the vmware side they were seeing it as being at 100%, even though the OS reported 40%. My recommendation would be to talk with your storage and vmware people and have them tell you how much space they think you have available on the file system from their end, and see if it matches. In my case it was not a DB2 issue, there were config issues with the way it was allocated in vmware.

Quote Originally Posted by zkajfez View Post
    Few days ago, we incresed /data disk (disk with data tablespaces) from 10 GB to 30 GB
    Did you bother to inform your filesystem? (resize2fs)
    Anyway, this is not a database problem.
    Somewhere between " too small" and " too large" lies the size that is just right.
    - Scott Hayes

Problem is resolved by restart of operating system (yes, there was sth strange with os, file system was locked )

Thanks a lot!