Hello all

We're in the process of migrating the company's PC equipment from WinXP/Office 2000/Lotus Notes 6 to Win7/Office 2010/Lotus Notes 8.5. Which is nice.

In addition to the expected problems, I'm having trouble with an Access ADP application. This was written in-house seven years ago, and has a SQL 2000 back-end. The application is for the use of the Credit Control department to process and keep track of customer queries, and it does a fair amount of fairly important processing.

One of the users who has been migrated has complained that she can no longer register new queries on it. I've checked, and I can replicate the error.

The query's information gets entered into a subform, which is built around the following SQL statement:
Code:
SELECT
	dbo.QueryProductLines.*
,	(dbo.QueryProductLines.PriceInvoiced - dbo.QueryProductLines.PriceClaimed) * dbo.QueryProductLines.Quantity LineValue
,	dbo.ProductCodes.Product
,	dbo.ProductCodes.[Description] Descr
,	dbo.ProductCodes.CustomerCode
,	dbo.UOM.UOM
,	dbo.PassedTo.PassedTo
,	dbo.SLP15_IN.[Date] InvoiceDate
,	dbo.SLP15_IN.Account
,	dbo.SLP15_IN.PurchaseOrder
FROM
	dbo.ProductCodes
RIGHT OUTER JOIN
	dbo.SLP15_IN
ON
	dbo.ProductCodes.Account = dbo.SLP15_IN.Account
RIGHT OUTER JOIN
	dbo.PassedTo
RIGHT OUTER JOIN
	dbo.UOM
RIGHT OUTER JOIN
	dbo.QueryProductLines
ON 
	dbo.UOM.UOMID = dbo.QueryProductLines.UOMID
ON 
	dbo.PassedTo.PassedToID = dbo.QueryProductLines.PassedToID
ON
	dbo.SLP15_IN.InvoiceReference = dbo.QueryProductLines.InvoiceReference
AND 
	dbo.ProductCodes.Product = dbo.QueryProductLines.ProductCode
(I didn't write this.) The problem occurs when she tried to select a unit of measure from the combo box. Rather than simply displaying the selected value, the following message appears in the status bar:
Control can't be edited; it's bound to Autonumber field 'UOMID'.
I've checked the design of the form, and the combo box in question has these properties:
Row source - dbo.UOM
Control source - UOMID

If I open the ADP in Access 2000, it works as expected (and has been working for the last few years). Has anyone encountered anything like this before? I can get my colleagues to reinstall Access 2000 on the user's PC, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for reading this far!