Unanswered: Certain columns not appearing in linked Access/Excel datasheet
I am a graduate student and entering thousands of data points for my project. I successfully linked my Excel and Access datasheets and the Access sheet updates when I enter in new rows of data in the Excel sheet. However, there are two columns that do not contain data whatsoever.
I went through and linked them to another, new, datasheet in Access. This time all of the columns appear but will not update when I update my Excel. The sheet that updates automatically but is missing 2 columns has an Excel icon in the sidebar while the others, with data but not updating, have the regular table icon.
I feel like I am missing a very simple part of the puzzle here. I have attached two images: the first is the sheet with the updates but no columns, second is the sheet with columns but no updates. I went through the wizard 3 separate times and have gotten a different result each time. I also shut down the programs and restarted them...all to no avail.
In Access table design, check the fields for their data types. Make sure they're compatible with the Excel entries. Also, check to see if you have any hidden columns in the worksheet that might affect the Access table.