Red face Unanswered: merging two databases,

hello friends,
    Please help me to sort out this pbm as I am new to job and struggling to continue, I am usin sql 2012

i have two tables named sales and purchase and both have same fieldname called tr_item and tr_quantity. in a database called X

what I have to do now is , I have another database named Y and der I have to create a table named TAB which contains same tr_item,ptotal,stotal
    tr_item= same tr_item from sales and purchase of database 'X', and also total of tr quantiy sales
    ptotal = total quantity of purchase ,
    stotal = total; quantity of sales.

please help me to sort out , my TL said to use while and use append to do it. please help me.

This isn't really an ANSI SQL related issue.

I suggest you ask your question in the MS SQL Server forum instead, the people over there can probably help you!

how to use two databases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hello friends,
    Please help me to sort out this pbm as I am new to job and struggling to continue, I am usin sql 2012

i have two tables named sales and purchase and both have same fieldname called tr_item and tr_quantity. in a database called X

what I have to do now is , I have another database named Y and der I have to create a table named TAB which contains same tr_item,ptotal,stotal
    tr_item= same tr_item from sales and purchase of database 'X', and also total of tr quantiy sales

please help me to sort out , my TL said to use while and use append to do it. please help me

how to use two databases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hello friends,

please help me to sort out , my TL said to use while and use append to do it. please help me

two comments

first, if you are using sql server 2012, you are in the wrong forum

second, your TL is wrong -- WHILE is not required, and "append" is valid only in the sense that you need an INSERT statement
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

your TL is wrong -- WHILE is not required, and "append" is valid only in the sense that you need an INSERT statement
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Provided Answers: 59
    threads mergered and moved to the SQL server forum
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton