We have an immediate opportunity in the Burbank, CA area for a MicroStrategy Developer. This position will provide information and data needed for planning, analysis, and decision-making; work closely with customers to understand key business drivers behind data requests. The candidate will create and maintain MicroStrategy reports and dashboards as well as custom data solutions on Oracle platform to support business intelligence across the company. Must be able to work closely in collaborative efforts with team members in Product Management, Quality Engineering, DBA, ETL and Datamart Engineers, MicroStrategy Architects, and Business Analysts to provide quality data solutions across various Business Units.
Skills and experience:
• Demonstrated experience working as a database developer, performing complex and extensive SQL database queries, and creating and maintaining report and data solutions on Oracle relational databases
• Oracle query performance tuning & PL/SQL
• Experience working with very large transactional and reporting databases (+50M rows daily)
• Report and dashboard development, deployment, and support using MicroStrategy Business Intelligence tool
• Analytical mind and statistical experience and knowledge
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to navigate complicated database relationships and understand how data can best be leveraged to meet customer needs
• Takes initiative and able to collaborate in a fast-paced deadline driven environment with multiple priorities
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written
• Minimum of Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related fields
If this opportunity does not match your exact skills perhaps you know of someone with the necessary experience and availability; if so, please feel free to forward this e-mail at your discretion.