Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v10 Now Out.

v10 Now Out.

Just noticed they have the Server Edition online.

Database Software Design and Management - Brilliant Database - News

Regards
    James

Great news. I became excited when I read the 'Improved Forms Tabs' section as the user can now "write script to control each tab selection". I have been troubled by this missing aspect for the last three weeks. The activity monitor ('who made what change') is a great addition also.

I just hope that I can finally figure out how to pull information from multiple tabs and folders... hopefully this actually is possible!!! I am going to E-mail the tech support to see if they can provide some guidance with this (I am assuming since version 10 is now out that someone there will answer E-mails).
    Daryl G

It's a RC, not the final version....

More interesting would be a RC of the Ultimate Verision....

Great news. I became excited when I read the 'Improved Forms Tabs' section as the user can now "write script to control each tab selection".
    Yes, a very good feature too. I've just been testing it here and I'm impressed. I already have a use for this right now.

I just hope that I can finally figure out how to pull information from multiple tabs and folders... hopefully this actually is possible!!!
    Can I help?

In the Formula Editor, there's a button called “Data Functions”. In there there's a option called “Operations with Records(In Folders)”, depending on your needs, there's also another one in the same menu for Quires.

This allows you to grab data from records in other folders, different types of forums, and even from any tab.

I am going to E-mail the tech support to see if they can provide some guidance with this (I am assuming since version 10 is now out that someone there will answer E-mails).
    Best of luck. Hope they get back to you. I'm about to file a bug report myself.

Regards
    James

Perfect Christmas gift!!

I have written them bug report on the filtering of records, access logs, empty element, image field, tab back ground, tab hide etc..

Still to test the attchment function which was the most wanted feature.

I gone through the new RC1 version quickly.A lot of small mistakes like sorting, image not displaying, query condition(like equal, contains). Also when I try to attach big files system crashed.

We expected a lot from the developer after this gap of two years.However too early to comment till the final version is out.

Created and Modify Date/User Fields

Four new system fields which automatically tracks the following data for each record:

Creation date and time;
    Recent modification date and time;
    A user who has created the record;
    A user who has modified the record.
    Wanted to add this to my database. Where is this located in the v10?

Please look the attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.JPG   0002.JPG  

Ok cool, Thanks buddy!

V10 Close popup window.

Has anyone tried this new action - does not appear to function when triggered by timer. Idea was to automatically close popup after 30 seconds!

Has anyone's license transferred over to v10? I inputted my v9 license and it's not taking in v10

I don't think you can use the old licence keys because this new release is after two years.

Does anyone remember if in the past as they release beta version, did they add additional functions with each beta until the final release?

The current difference between v9 and v10 is rather small considering what the upgrade costs would be as a SDK user.

For what it would cost me to go from v9 to v10, I could probably buy File Maker Advance and have the best of both worlds. File Maker Advance compiles to OSX, iOS, and Windows too.

Regards
    James.

PS.. Happy new year to you all.

Beta: yes
    RC: normaly not

The only big changing is the unlimited database size.
    The other small changes - maybe usefull, maybe not.

The update price is realy high for these changings.

Please be aware that you have additional costs on File Maker for Multi User Application. Last time I have had contact with Filemaker there was an issue with these Multi user applications. The source code/application structure could not be protected against alternation from the end customer. Maybe they have changed it.

Beta: yes
    RC: normaly not
    I had a bad feeling that was the case.

The only big changing is the unlimited database size.
    The other small changes - maybe usefull, maybe not.
    It's by far the smallest upgrade I've seen in all my years of following this software.

Some of the things they are calling a “Major Update” are pretty minor updates. Like, “check for updates”. In all fairness, it's quite a cheek to consider that as a major upgrade.

No native Windows 8 support either ?

The update price is realy high for these changings
    Absolutely.
    I would be expecting a considerable discount when it's release. I would not pay much at all for this upgrade as it's a very minor improvement over v9.

Please be aware that you have additional costs on File Maker for Multi User Application. Last time I have had contact with Filemaker there was an issue with these Multi user applications. The source code/application structure could not be protected against alternation from the end customer. Maybe they have changed it
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

Regards
    James