Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Access Report Clickable Checkboxes

I have an Access report that populates based on results of a query. I need the report to have checkboxes on each line for the user to click on and off independently.

I have tried using unbound checkboxes on the report and when you click one, the whole list comes on/off. When I make the boxes bound to a yes/no column in the table you cannot click them at all. It gives an message at the bottom that control cannot be edited. The reports are read only.

So, how do you create checkboxes that can be clicked on or off independently in the report?

I have also tried exporting to Word, and the checkboxes do not show up. Exporting as PDF they show up, but are not functional.

Please help me. I am a newbie.

If your Report is Read Only, of course the checkbox will not work! Selectively make fields enabled and leave the checkbox as enabled.

How do you selectively make fields enabled?

Open Report is Design mode.

Right click the field and edit it's properties in design mode.Click on the 3 dots next to the field. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EditProperties.png  

still not working

It says that it is enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AccessScreenShot.jpg  

Under Format is it set to Visible as well?

Yes, it is set to be visible

What parameters are in the query the Report is based on?

Well, the query reads responses the user puts in on a form. I have multivalue checkbox set up, so the user can select parameters of the work that is being done. There are many fields from the table in the query parameters. The two in the picture called used in plan, and n/a are my yes/no fields in the table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AccessScreenShot.jpg  

This can be done but not so easy.I refer you to these links to view the steps. You will need to embed a macro and use a custom menu for it to work.
    Add a custom macro menu to Word | TechRepublic
    SetValue Macro Action

So why not simply use the form to update the Report? Check off what you like and then the Report will show what you want!

The report spits out suggested items for the plan set, which may or may not apply in the designer's circumstance. This is why the user needs to be able to check for each item whether it is used in the plan or n/a.

The user needs to input these for each circumstance. The only reason I added it to the table is so the checkboxes could be bound.. When I used unbound checkboxes, then if you clicked one they all became checked.

I have been tasked with creating a checklist that is dependent on certain conditions, then the user has to save and send in a copy showing that they either used the item or it does not apply.

Here is a Screenshot Example

Why not use a continuous form or datasheet and just check off what you need to? Add the criteria to the form. I can only visualize so much without seeing what you have. I would write the code for this on a form and then use either a continuous form or datasheet myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ContinuousForm.png