Unanswered: How to make a field mandatory based on another field before saving

Hey all!
    I have created a form where I have bunch of inputs which I am taking from a user, however when one activity is selected from a combobox, I am sending the user the description field where they need to provide a description. Till here I am fine and dandy! But when I am saving the record, I basically want to make sure the same conditions as mentioned above are satisfied and the description field is populated when a certain value from an activity value in a combobox.

Here is the code that I have written as of yet: but it is just doing the check once and then saves my record! Please help!

Code:
    xx: If Activities.Value = "- One Off Requests" And Desp1.Value = "" Then
        Desp1.SetFocus
            If Desp1.Value = "" Then
                Response = MsgBox(Prompt:="Please provide name of the requestor and the naure of the request", Buttons:=vbYesNo)
                If Response = vbYes Then
                    Desp1.SetFocus
                Else
                    MsgBox "You are need to provide the information of one off request. Please fill out the detials.", vbCritical
                    GoTo xx:
                End If
            End If
    End If

Provided Answers: 2
    Move the code to the BeforeExit event of Desp1, and remove the label. Replace the GoTo command with Cancel = True, Exit Sub (each on its own line).

See if that helps!
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, do you mean BeforeUpdate event or OnExit, cause i can not find BeforeExit event...

Quick Update!

I figured it out! and it worked like charm! thank you Weejas!
    Last edited by nbkn8ct; 01-03-13 at 13:58.

Provided Answers: 6
    I personally would use the before update event of the form:

Before update

The problem with a particular control's exit event is that the user might mouse over it and the event will never fire.
    Paul

Provided Answers: 2
    D'oh! This is what I get for reading an Access forum as a break from programming in Notes... Yes, I meant the BeforeUpdate event, and I'm glad you managed to sort it out
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.