Unanswered: I can not connect to the database from another computer

I have a user account with the parameters to connect from any computer (%) and for each database (%), but when I try to connect to database from the other computer I get the message:
    Can`t connect to MySQL server on "10.100.100.162" (10061)
    What do I know? I turned off the firewall in computer.

Provided Answers: 59
    That message suggest to me that that either the server isn't active or it isnt visible to other conputers
    is the db server active on the host computer
    is the server hosting the db visible on your network
    try PINGing it
    you have turned off 'the' firewall, but there may also be a firewall in the server and or client so makje certain both are setup for MySQL traffic
    MySQL :: MySQL 5.5 Reference Manual :: C.5.2.2 Can't connect to [local] MySQL server
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    That message suggest to me that that either the server isn't active or it isnt visible to other conputers
    is the db server active on the host computer
    is the server hosting the db visible on your network
    try PINGing it
    you have turned off 'the' firewall, but there may also be a firewall in the server and or client so makje certain both are setup for MySQL traffic
    MySQL :: MySQL 5.5 Reference Manual :: C.5.2.2 Can't connect to [local] MySQL server
    Thanks. I took advantage of the attached link and made command telnet from computer, which i attempt to connect to the server. I do not know what the answer is. I do not know what are these marks.
    Translation: "Connection to host lost"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20130110_131430.jpg