Unanswered: uninstalling oracle 10g client

Hi

I'm trying to uninstall the oracle 10g 32-bit client from a virtual machine running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit). But when I click on setup or oui under the install directory, I get:
    Code:
    Abnormal Program Termination. An internal error has occurred.
    And then I get:

Oracle Universal Installer

Code:
    Error in writing to directory
    C:\Users\Shajju\AppData\Local\Temp\OraInstall2013-01-09_10-36-34AM. Please ensure that this directory is writable and has atleast 52MB of disk space.Installation cannot continue.
    There's plenty of free space in the location mentioned in the error message and I can create folders in the Temp folder.

Any suggestions please?

Regards
    Shajju
    Last edited by shajju; 01-09-13 at 03:15.

uninstalling oracle 10g client

Hi Shajju

My guess would be permissions on the directory in temp if the user that <quote> can create folders in the Temp folder.</quote> is not the same user running Oracle installer.

hth

you can try by running it under administrator privileges... or you can do this forcefully....first delete it from registry then delete from the location you installed client...!!

regards,

--rush

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    you can try by running it under administrator privileges... or you can do this forcefully....first delete it from registry then delete from the location you installed client...!!

regards,

--rush
    In fact, you must run with admin privileges if you are to uninstall the client.
    Another possibility would be to uninstall using the control panel -> programs
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb