Problem with Deleting Folders

I am having trouble deleting some unneeded folders. I tried deleting these unnecessary folders by right-clicking then selecting 'Delete Folder' and they would not go away. I then went to 'Design DB' and tried deleting them there, and again, they will not go away. I completely closed the program and when I re-opened it, I get an 'Error: Database Root with ID:1846 is damaged'. After acknowledging about four of these same messages (the only difference was the ID number), four folders show up and are named 'Noname Folder' - these are just like the earlier ones and cannot be deleted. The original folders that I tried deleting (there were only two) were experimental and did not contain anything (I had already deleted all the buttons and code). I tried doing 'database Maintenance' yet these still remain. These unneeded folders are not referenced or used in the program that I am working on... How can I get rid of these folders entirely?
    Thanks,
    Daryl G

Sorry to ask a obvious questions, but you never know.

When you delete a folder it gets moved into the recycle bin. Did you then empty the recycle bin to truly delete the folders ?

Regards
    James

James,
    Yes, I emptied the Recycle Bin. This was a really weird behavior as sometimes when I would attempt to delete a certain folder, another unselected folder was the one that actually got sent to the Recycle Bin. I got tired of trying to figure out what was going on so I just opened up an earlier version of the program I had and started working with it. Oddly, this time, when I deleted the unwanted forms, they actually were deleted entirely.

Strange.... I don't know mate.
    Haven't seen that one before.

Regards
    James