Unanswered: RMAN not restoring tablespace

I've been trying to restore a tablespace that I intentionally deleted a table just to practice on restoring data in Oracle. Basically I did a full backup of the whole database the night before. The next morning I deleted a complete table from the TEST_DATA tablespace intentionally. I then ran the following commands:

SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE TEST_DATA OFFLINE IMMEDIATE;
    RMAN> RESTORE TABLESPACE TEST_DATA;
    RMAN> RECOVER TABLESPACE TEST_DATA;
    SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE TEST_DATA ONLINE;

All commands ran successfully with no error. It pulled the dbf file from the backup file and restored it (Or so it looked like it did). The RECOVER command did go pretty quick. It ran for about 1 second and completed. This was kind of odd. When I opened the tablespace I noticed that the table was not recovered.

The tablespace data was recovered when I did a full database restore and recover though. I dont want to take down the whole database just to restore a tablespace.

Am I doing it wrong? Your help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Nixon; 01-10-13 at 10:57.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >When I opened the tablespace I noticed that the table was not recovered.

You got exactly what you requested.
    Oracle did recover the tablespace as it previously existed WITHOUT the table.

If you desire to get the content missing data, you need to do a Point In Time Recovery.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Provided Answers: 1
    If you are using 10g or later & have recyclebin enabled you can recover the table from the recyclebin.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.