Unanswered: TIME OUT (Database blocked)

At times i get the error message TIME OUT database block when the database is being networked. What could be the cause of this error? Server etc?

Increase your server RAM.
    Check your network. At times windows 7 makes problem.
    My best experience with windows XP. 13 simultaneous users.
    Better to use a dedicated server for BD alone if possible.
    If u r using BD ultimate not to use BD SDK as your server instead create an application and use that application as a server and control your records through user groups.

Did checks on the network and found dhcp problems etc, with that sorted it is working good so far but will move to another server and have it alone run there.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by asokram View Post
    If u r using BD ultimate not to use BD SDK as your server instead create an application and use that application as a server and control your records through user groups.
    isnt the server version good enough or would the created application be better?

Certainly server version is good enough.
    However think of when you create application you are coining only the components what you require and you are going to use that only for its specific DB.Hence possibility to get unwanted error from the software is less. But when you use your compiled application you lose some facility like user status cannot be known from server, optimization etc.
    My personal experience is created application is best.