Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    379
    Provided Answers: 2

    Unanswered: Brilliant Database V10 Instability?

    I am still trying to use this software but my frustration level continues to rise. I downloaded the version 10 software and have been experiencing some really strange behavior. Earlier, I had posted concerning problems with deleting unneeded folders. Today, upon opening a program that I had just been using, I am greeted by several messages - "ERROR: Database Root with ID:XXXX is damaged" (XXXX represents multiple folder ID's since I received this message several times). Along with these messages, I discover that a folder I added yesterday is now gone; however, it can still be viewed when I go to 'Design DB' . The folder appears on the main screen as 'Noname Folder'... all of the contents just disappeared and I had been using that same program just minutes before and all was well.

    Yes, I am sure that 'operator error' could be a major suspect in this behavior but it was working fine and then suddenly it was not... plus the fact that I lost all of the data that was in the file for no known reason! Is anyone else experiencing some rather profound instability issues with this program? Do you suspect that this behavior is related to the V10 release (or is it my inexperience with the software)?

    Since my level of trust of this new release is quite low because of these issues, is it possible to go back and use V9.42 without having to recreate everything I have already done?
    Thanks,
    Daryl G

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    379
    Provided Answers: 2
    Okay, now it is doing another odd thing. Whenever I try to 'Database Maintenance' and click 'Optimize', I get the following message - "EIToUpdate(). Trying to update empty element. The Element ID is 2026. Cancelled.". How can I determine what element '2026' is?

    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Daryl G

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    815
    Provided Answers: 17
    Something strange for sure as I've never had this problem in all my years using it.
    Can you post your file in version v9.4 file format so I can have a look at it in my SDK edition.

    Might be able to fix the file too if it gives me problems.

    Regards
    James

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    176
    I am getting this problem atleast atleast once in a week in 9.42 SDK also.If the root id is record I am deleting that record but if that is folder very difficult to find when your list of folders are more. Once root ID is damaged it is dangerous to continue the database as there is a possibility to lose all the data. I suspect that this sometimes happens because I am creating folders as a client when it is networked.
    Any more comments welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •