Unanswered: Informatica MDM - DB2 vs Oracle

My company is going to deploy Informatica's MDM tool to start a master data management program. While we like to think of ourselves as a DB2 shop, and so are inclined to deploy on DB2, I want to consider the option of deploying on Oracle. The vast majority of Informatica MDM (formally Siperian) implementations are on Oracle. A couple of questions:

Does anyone have an opinion regarding DB2 vs. Oracle for Informatica MDM?

Has anyone implemented Informatica on DB2 successfully for a large (~20 million) customer/party model? Any gotcha's?

Anything you can share would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Provided Answers: 54
    Have you reviewed https://community.informatica.com/mp...0DB2%20zOS.pdf yet? It seems like a good place to start!

I'm going to bet that your question will get more attention from more appropriate users in the DB2 forum. I'll move this message thread there, but PM me if you'd like me to return it to the Applications and Tools forum.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Harper View Post

Does anyone have an opinion regarding DB2 vs. Oracle for Informatica MDM?

Has anyone implemented Informatica on DB2 successfully for a large (~20 million) customer/party model? Any gotcha's?
    I don't have experience with Informatica MDM (I have some with InfoSphere MDM), but from a DBA point of view these types of applications do not place much demand on a properly sized database platform, be it DB2 or Oracle or something else. I'm sure any modern DBMS will be able to support your application, so I would look at non-technical aspects of the question, such as available in-house skills, licensing costs, database vendor support reliability etc.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.