Unanswered: How to Implement a Non-RAC (Single Instance with Existing ASM-RAC as storage)

We have an existing RAC on our Data Center and from our DR site We have an IBM AIX that is designed to run a Synchronous Peer to Peer Remote copy(PPRC) that used to copy data to a remote site for Disaster Recovery Purposes.

Scenario will be,

Since that our Server from the DR site have a PPRC capability it used a remote copy of our ASM-RAC (from our Data center) as storage.
    Is it possible that we install a Single Instance to our DR-Site and used the copy of our ASM-RAC as storage?

Hope to have another reply from you sir and to other DBA professionals.

regards,

noli

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >Is it possible that we install a Single Instance to our DR-Site and used the copy of our ASM-RAC as storage?

what happens when you try it?
    why do you ask about non-Oracle technology in an Oracle forum?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

hi sir anacedent,

I'm sorry if i don't explain it properly. but I'm looking forward to have an advice from a experience oracle DBA that may experience the same scenario.

My question is related to a Oracle Real Application Cluster Single Node, RAC to Single Instance Database and ASM as database storage.

From our DR site is it possible to used the ASM-RAC storage as the Database storage of a Single Instance Database?

Hope to explain it well and get more advice from other DBA professionals

regards,
    noli