Unanswered: A DRDA Conversational Protocol Error was detected

Hi Folks,

I am getting below error while Test the Connectivity using JDBC Driver In DB2, Can you please help me to fix this

The test connection operation failed for data source MARSDB2DS1 on server server1 at node mavzl4076etNode02 with the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation. A DRDA Conversational Protocol Error was detected. Reason: 0x1245 DB2ConnectionCorrelator: nullDSRA0010E: SQL State = 58009, Error Code = -4,499. View JVM logs for further details. I am using Integrated Solution Console as a Front End for updation,

Regards
    Anbarasan A

If you are using the DB2 JCC driver (db2jcc.jar or db2jcc.jar), collect a JCC trace of the connection to get detailed information on the issue.

To take a jcc trace, create a file "DB2JccConfiguration.properties" in a directory in the CLASSPATH, which contains the following entries:

db2.jcc.override.traceDirectory=/home/db2inst1
    db2.jcc.override.traceFile=trace.log
    db2.jcc.override.traceFileAppend=true
    db2.jcc.override.TraceLevel=TRACE_ALL

Then run your application from new. Once the error has occurred check the traceDirectory for the text file: trace.log_global_(x) This file will help you see where the issue is.

Cheers,
    Hans

A DRDA Conversational Protocol Error was detected

Hi,

Thanks for the info Hans, I did the above, but still not able to fix it, I have enclosed the Trace Log for your reference. Can you please help me out here

Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Anbarasan A
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 1
    The manual suggests that you "call SQLException.getMessage to retrieve specific information about the problem."

Could the problem be caused by the missing license to access DB2 z?

Quote Originally Posted by your trace file
    [jcc] Target server licensing restrictions: { z/OS: disabled; SQLDS: disabled; iSeries: disabled; DB2 for Unix/Windows: enabled; Cloudscape: enabled; Informix: enabled }
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

From the trace you are connecting to iseries or DB2z, so n_i is correct you need an additional jar file (db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar) for the license to connect to DB2 on i or z.