Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Unanswered: Search key was not found in any record message

    I’ve got a problem with a split Access 2010 database. Wonder if anyone can help.

    In the back end I changed a field in one of the tables to allow multiple values from a drop down list where before you could only choose one. Everything looked ok in the back end table and you can successfully run queries on it.

    When I go to the front end however and open the form which takes its data from this table and try to open it I get this error message: “The search key was not found in any record” and the form won’t open up. I’ve tried going into the design view of the form and taking out the field that got changed but this doesn’t help. I also can’t run a query on the table from the front end whereas I can from the back end.

    Any suggestions would be gratefully received!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    go through the queries that power the form, apply changes there
    open the form in design mode and then go trhough the controls that used that query, and or the form

    learn from the process, changes should only EVER be made after careful consideration of the the changes affect, its often called impact analysis
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post

    ...changes should only EVER be made after careful consideration of the the changes affect...
    Excellent advice! Also, when checking the Form Properties, pay special attention to the OrderBy Property.

    Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

    The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

    All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts