Thread: DB2 Upgrade RTC

Unanswered: DB2 Upgrade RTC

Hello All,

I have migrated db2 windows RTC 2003 server edition 32bit v8 to v9.5.
    Installed V9.5 and migrated the instance.

After which all commands were working fine under the installation directory.
    for ex:
    C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>db2level
    DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL09059" with
    level identifier "060A0107".
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v9.5.900.456", "s120228", "IP23305", and Fix Pack

"9".
    Product is installed at "C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB" with DB2 Copy Name "DB2COPY1".
    But from the other location it says:
    C:\Documents and Settings\DB2ADMIN>db2level
    SQL1390C The environment variable DB2INSTANCE is not defined or is invalid.

Other Info:
    DB2V9.5 installed at C:
    it created one instance db2_01.
    DB2V8 instance is at d: with db2 instance db2.
    and we have migrated the instance db2 to v9.5.

can anyone help on this please?

Thanks.
    Meena.s

Provided Answers: 11
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi Przytula,

Thanks for your update.
    I tried that too - db2envar.bat - which works only for the temporary session.

Thanks
    Meena.s

This is one of the issues on Windows, not as easy to keep your environment straight as on Unix. It sounds like from your message you are only going to use one version of DB2, 9.5? If that is the case uninstall the old version, this will clean some variables. Then since you are on Windows reboot.
    Check to see if it works now if not:

For the session that is trying to access the wrong version of DB2 open a command prompt and type "set", this will show your default environment variables. Then you need to go to Windows Control Center --> System -->Advanced System Settings -->Environment Variables
    Check to make sure you have the correct DB2INSTANCE , LIB etc.

If you are using multiple version of DB2 on Windows let me know and I can give you info on that. Windows is not nearly as easy to work with for this sort of things as Unix unfortunately.

Hello azready,

Thanks for your update.
    Yup we need one version of DB2 .i.e DB2V9.5 , but we have kept V8 as incase of backout as application testing is involved.

I have a query reg the uninstalling v8, in case if we unistall v8 - will it create any problem with db2v9.5 instance - as DB2V8 instance has been migrated.

secondly i have requested the application team not to backout i.e go back to v8 rather i will uninstall both the version and install v9.5 and import settings manually.

Can i have your view on this please.

Thanks
    Meena.s

Hello All,

I have uninstalled both the versions. Installed V9.5 and import the configuration settings,after which am getting a error :

SQL5005c system error.

tried db2systray - clean for this to clean up the registries but this command not working on RTC.

Anyone help on this please?

Thanks
    Meena.s