Unanswered: pk not auto updating

Hi i have a database for ordering etc all tables are related and have pk and fk
    My problem is i have noticed that the pk does not update the fk table .
    Am i doing something wrong i thought this would happen automatically .I use forms to enter the details
    Many thanks

Provided Answers: 19
    Data entry for this sort if thing is usually done using a Main Form/Subform(s) scenario, is that what you're doing, here? If so, it sounds as if the Link Master Fields/Link Child Fields Properties of the Subform(s) have not been set. This is where the PK from the Main Form would normally populate the FK Field on the related Record.

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 01-22-13 at 00:06.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi many thanks .
    I am not using subforms just normal forms for each table for example
    My customer details form PK has a fk in the orders table .The tables are linlked by relationships ,I thought the pk from the customer table should auto populate the fk in the orders Table .but is does not . Can you confirm if this is correct .if not what am i doing wrong

Provided Answers: 19
    The Tables being related will not cause the PK from one Table to be entered into the FK Field of the other Table.

As said, before, if these were set up properly in a Main Form/Subform scenario, Access would do this for you automatically, but barring that, you'll have to do it yourself.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007