New to site and need help

I am new to the site and need some help. I have a file that I was told is in SQL format and I need to make it a readable format. I am decent with computer knowledge. This is time sensative and can effect me greatly. I have tried reading how to do it before adn cant figure it out.

I am asking if anyone out there could attempt to do it for me it would help me out a lot. Let me know and I can explaint the situation before you decide. And yes everything I am doing is legal its just personal.

What does "SQL format" mean? Is this file data or something else?

Until there is a better description of the particular issue here, it will be difficult to even guess.

Its a file from an iPhone back up. Its very important the info on there. I can read some but I was told there is more to it then that just needs to be in a readable text. I had someone who works with IT but he could only get me what I could already see. I know it sounds stupid but the info could change my life.

How about asking iPhone support?

Nothing they will help u with. I have tried every option I can think of. Anything u can download I have tried. Still nothing

There are some data recovery businesses. Suggest you look in your area for one that deals with iPhone files.

On which media is the file stored?

Its stored in the back up files for the iPhone. When u open it. Its says sqlite and you can read some and then just a bunch of numbers and symbols.

You need to find an iPhone data expert to work with. Sounds like the data may be corrupt?
    Last edited by papadi; 01-25-13 at 14:48.

SQL Lite doesn't seem that hard to manage.

How big is the file? Do you know anything about how many tables, etc. are in the file?

If this is as you've described it should only be an hour or two to convert the file into a spreadsheet or another database format for you. I'm reluctant to say that I'll do anything without understanding it first, but I'll give your project a look this weekend if you'd like.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.