Unanswered: How Get The Sum of Multiple Entries by One Person in One Row

Hi,
    I use access 2002 and what I want is simple in theory but providing to be difficult for me.

Basically, I want to know how many bookings each Booking Staff enter between two date periods. I have sorted the Between dates but I am not getting the result that I want. For example, Mike has entered 20 Bookings, Michelle entered 15 Bookings on a particular date or between two dates, but when I run my report I get name of each Booking Staff several time with total of Bookings for Each Client ID which IS NOT what I want: What I want is a total of all bookings entered by each staff:

For Example

Mike Entered: 20
    Michelle Entered: 15

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 14
    Whats the SQL expression of the query you use?
    Have a nice day!

Hi,
    Thank you for your response. Here is the SQL express of the query that I use:

SELECT Count(Booking.CallTakenBy) AS [Total Of], Booking.CallTakenBy, Booking.DateOfEnquiryOnly, Booking.Language1ID
    FROM Booking
    GROUP BY Booking.CallTakenBy, Booking.DateOfEnquiryOnly, Booking.Language1ID
    HAVING (((Booking.DateOfEnquiryOnly)=[Enter Date]))
    ORDER BY Count(Booking.CallTakenBy), Booking.CallTakenBy DESC;
    Emi-UK

I would try:
    Code:
    SELECT Count(Booking.CallTakenBy) AS [Total Of], Booking.CallTakenBy, Booking.DateOfEnquiryOnly, Booking.Language1ID
    FROM Booking
    WHERE (((Booking.DateOfEnquiryOnly)=[Enter Date]))
    ORDER BY Count(Booking.CallTakenBy), Booking.CallTakenBy DESC;
    I don't see any reason for using a HAVING clause in this case.
    Have a nice day!

Hi Sinndho,
    Thank you for your response. This code also did not work. It gives me the same information. It lists name of Booking staff several times based on Language1ID. Meaning, if one staff Booked 2 workers for Spanish, and 5 for French, the query result shows the workers name twice, once for Spanish with count of 2, and then for French with count of 5. It should only show the workers name once and the total number of entries, in this case it should show like this: Mike: 7
    Emi-UK

Quote Originally Posted by Emal View Post
    Hi Sinndho,
    Thank you for your response. This code also did not work. It gives me the same information. It lists name of Booking staff several times based on Language1ID. Meaning, if one staff Booked 2 workers for Spanish, and 5 for French, the query result shows the workers name twice, once for Spanish with count of 2, and then for French with count of 5. It should only show the workers name once and the total number of entries, in this case it should show like this: Mike: 7
    This is normal because you use:
    Code:
    So, for every language (Booking.Language1ID) the query will create another group (row). You cannot expect to find the column [Language1ID] in the resulting data set and not GROUP BY on it. Otherwise and in your example, what should the column [Language1ID] contain for the row with 'Mike' in the [CallTakenBy] column: 'Spanish' or 'French' or what else? If you want to count all books whatever the language can be, drop Booking.Language1ID from the query.
    Have a nice day!

Hi Sinndho,
    You are a life saver, thank you very much. It perfectly works fine now. I was just confused with the result but did not realise that it was also ordered by Language1ID. Thank you so much.
    Emi-UK

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!