Unanswered: Changing of Query as Expr1

I have written a set of query for a database, when i imported these query to another DB then some set of query changes to expr1, i am unable to understand where i went wrong?

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_neo View Post
    I have written a set of query for a database, when i imported these query to another DB then some set of query changes to expr1, i am unable to understand where i went wrong?
    without more detail (such as the query, the changes you made to the query and the table design(s)) then I guess we too will be unable to understand where you went wrong

however the most likely cause is that when youy imported the objects, somethign got fouled up
    either
    a column hasn't been identified in the new db (could be due to a table of the same name pre existing so the new table design wasn't created. so check any tables referred in the scope of the affected queries are in the tables

it could be that you used a user written function that isn't present in the new app, or wasn't at the time of import or first execution, examine the affected columns and try and work out if there is a common pattern

it could be a references problem, if you are using a VBA function inside the query and the project references didnt' support the function calls you are using. again look at the column(s) affected)

the JET query parser will change something to Exprx when it detects something it doesn't understand. and then presumes the text it doesn't understand is a function. so its down to what is in the columns int he query that have been changed to exprx()
    Last edited by healdem; 01-28-13 at 08:44.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 5
    "expr1" or the like sometimes comes from tables that may no longer be present or you importes those queries maybe before importing the tables. Also if you are using make table queries for temp tables and you imported your objects but omitted the temp tables knowing that you would be creating them with the make table queries ( a common mistake or over sight) then other queries based on those tables would in fact show expr1 in a column or multiple repeat fieldnames in a query couyld cause this as well.
    Dale Houston, TX