Unanswered: password protected form

Is it possible to make a form protected by a password?
    Thank you
    I asked god to please give me everything to enjoy the life, God said: i gave you the life to enjoy everything.

you can create a login system which opens a form after the correct password has been inputted, I have a predesigned template for this, let me know if you needs
    sometimes simple is best.... and i'm just a simple fellow.

Yes, I would appreciate. How can I see that
    Thank you
    I asked god to please give me everything to enjoy the life, God said: i gave you the life to enjoy everything.

was this question that hard?

Provided Answers: 59
    probably
    but bear in mnd there's various assumptions made in an Access application, its not a language such as .NET where you can do virtually whatever you want in whatever way you want. you have to play by the Access house rules.

what I'd dois
    assign specific permissions to the form (assign it to a specifric user group.
    then because Im a non trusting indiviudal I'd check the user has the permissions required for that (and or every other form). I wouldnt' expressly ask for a user id and password (they are far too easily spoofed, faked, copied / whatever) I'd use the network logon. but I'd also add the network logon to the workgroup file and associate with relevant permissions.

so you have the network logon (authenticated by another process so I don't have to maintain passwords)
    so have assigned your forms and reports to whatever permissions via the workgroup group accounts
    you have assigned the network logon to the the vraious relevant usergroups in the workgroup file.

providing you users don't allow their network logon details to be know by other parties, and you have set up your network security p0olicies correctly (single logon per ID) then you should be OK

when you open you app, make certain the sensitive forms/reports always check the network logon's credentials in the workgroup file

you are still exposed if your network policies allow users to copy the MDB's and the workgroup file, so your network trolls need to earn their keep and devise policies that block that exposure (in Netware you used to be able to reveal or hide file shares at will.

But can you request a logon script to ruin on a form at runtime NO
    you coudl hand off to an logon form inbetween calling the form from (presuambly another form and take appropriate action.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton